What is Deep Sleep Mode?
Even when your Flash is in OFF mode, there is still some activity happening with the on-board embedded system, which is why you'll see some loss of battery charge over an extended period of time.
Deep Sleep Mode enables you to fully shut down your Flash, so there is no active use of the battery whatsoever. This is ideal for longer periods of non-use, like storing your Flash over the winter. You can also use Deep Sleep Mode as a way to keep your Flash charged for a few days without having to occasionally unplug and plug it back in. (Read this article for more details on why that's necessary.)
Deep Sleep Mode requires the following:
- Your mobile device has the following version of the Flash app installed:
iOS: 10.40.10 or higher
Android: 1.46 or higher
- Your Flash has firmware: version 236 or higher version installed
How do I use Deep Sleep Mode?
Once you've confirmed that you have the proper versions of the Flash app and Flash firmware, using Deep Sleep is quite simple.
- With your Flash in the ON mode and the app open on your mobile device, tap the "burger" icon in the top left corner of the app and go to Settings. Scroll down and tap 'Deep Sleep Mode.' (see screenshot)
- You'll then see an explanation of Deep Sleep Mode. Tap on 'Deep Sleep Mode' to confirm.
That's it! You will be automatically logged out of the app, and your Flash will shut down and enter Deep Sleep Mode.
How to Wake from Deep Sleep Mode and Reconnect with your Device
To wake your Flash out of Deep Sleep Mode, just plug in the charger. The touchscreen will light up and show that the bike is charging. At this point, the bike is fully awake and you can operate as normal.
To use the Flash app with your bike after you've woken it up from Deep Sleep, you'll need to log back into the app and reconnect with the bike:
- Make sure you're within ten feet or so of your bike, and that you have Bluetooth enabled on your device.
- Launch the Flash app, and tap on 'Already have a bike account?' at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the email and password you used when you first paired with your bike.
- You'll then see the Bluetooth pairing screen that you saw when you first paired your bike.
- Tap next, and wait a few seconds. You won't need to enter the Bluetooth pairing code (unless you manually removed the bike from your phone's Bluetooth device list). Just wait a few seconds and the bike will reconnect with your device.
- If you see the PIN code screen, just tap 'Skip.' If you previously set a personalized PIN code, the bike still uses your unique PIN and not the default.
And that should be it! If you run into any questions or issues, please just let us know!